Gasly Reveals When He’s Expecting ‘More Answers’ On Red Bull Future

Pierre Gasly has said he is expecting to “get more answers” about his future from Red Bull’s senior management over the next few weeks.

The Frenchman has been in fine form since he was dropped by Red Bull in mid-2019, and many people in the F1 paddock believe he deserves another chance alongside Max Verstappen.

READ: Ex-F1 Driver Slams Steiner For Publicly Criticising Mick Schumacher

However, Red Bull have previously indicated that they want to build their sister team, Scuderia AlphaTauri, around Gasly and retain him as their lead driver.

Speaking this week, Gasly said he wants to be driving the most competitive car possible, suggesting that he is eager for a move back to Red Bull.

“A driver always wants to be behind the wheel of the best possible car. I think at AlphaTauri they want a leader to try and really grow the team and I think there is a good relationship between me and them,” Gasly said in an interview with Motorsport.com

“At the end of the day I just want to do well, weekend after weekend, race after race, and show my potential.”

READ: Ex-F1 Driver Urges Red Bull To Sack Perez & Sign Gasly

Continuing, he acknowledged that his future is ultimately in Red Bull’s hands, and he is wary that how well Sergio Perez performs is likely to have a bearing on which team he races with in 2022.

“My future is in the hands of Red Bull. If they want me, or if they are satisfied with the current driver team,” he said.

“Or maybe it depends on how Sergio is doing and how they see the future with AlphaTauri.

“We are discussing a lot of things. Everything is going well, but at the moment there is no answer. I expect to get more answers in the coming weeks.”

On Tuesday, former F1 racer Marc Surer told Formula1News.co.uk he believes Gasly “deserves” another chance with Red Bull.

“I think Gasly is the right person to be in this seat. He is ready, he is consistent, he is a grand prix winner,” Surer told this publication.

“And of course, supporting their young drivers was for many years an aim of Red Bull, so why should they suddenly stop doing that?

“I’m sure [AlphaTauri team principal] Franz Tost doesn’t want to lose Gasly, because he is a guarantee for points, but AlphaTauri is the junior team, they should accept to bring some young drivers from Formula 2 or Formula 3 [as Gasly’s replacement].

“Gasly deserves to be in the number one team [Red Bull],” he concluded.