On Friday, it was reported that three grand prix in May and June, including the prestigious Monaco GP, are set to be cancelled due to coronavirus concerns.
Specifically, the cancellation of the street races in Monaco, Azerbaijan and Canada will be announced next month, according to reports.
“Monaco (May 23), Azerbaijan (June 6) and Canada (June 13) will, insiders say, fall off the calendar just like last year. Announcement of that news is expected next month,” online Dutch news site Formule1.nl reported.
However, Formula One has since dismissed these claims as “completely wrong” and said they are not planning to make any further changes to the 2021 calendar at the moment.
“We have set out the details of the revised 2021 calendar and there are no other changes. The suggestion street races will not take place are completely wrong,” an F1 spokesperson told PlanetF1.
Earlier this month, it was confirmed that the Australian GP would be postponed and the Chinese GP was facing cancellation.