Many people in the Formula One paddock are scratching their heads and trying to figure out why Red Bull continue to back Alex Albon, as the Thai continues to falter at the team and cost them valuable points.
Ever since Pierre Gasly won the Italian Grand Prix last month, there have been renewed calls for the Frenchman to be given another shot at Red Bull.
For example, on Monday ex-Formula One driver Marc Surer told this publication that he believes Red Bull ought to switch Alex Albon and Pierre Gasly around once more.
However, speaking after the Eifel Grand Prix on Sunday, former F1 driver Paul di Resta said rumours indicate that Gasly won’t be given another chance.
Speaking on Sky F1, Nico Rosberg suggested that Gasly, who is having an “epic season”, should be promoted to Red Bull.
“You know something that we don’t here… Why is Gasly not going to be in that car next year?” Rosberg queried, to which di Resta replied:
“I’m only talking about the whispers you hear up and down the paddock. Somehow, he’s upset a few people within Red Bull.”
Rosberg then tried to get specifics from di Resta, but the ex-Force India driver refused to give away more details.
Enjoyed reading this article? Consider sharing it: