Charles Leclerc has tested positive for COVID-19 and is self-isolating at his home in Monaco.
Leclerc was already self-isolating as he had recently come into contact with another person who tested positive for coronavirus.
“I want to let you know that I have tested positive for Covid-19,” Leclerc posted in a tweet on Thursday.
“I am regularly checked according to my team’s protocols. Unfortunately, I learned that I have been in contact with a positive case and immediately went into self-isolation, notifying anyone I had contact with.
“A subsequent test I took has come back positive. I am feeling ok and have mild symptoms.
“I will remain in isolation in my home in Monaco in compliance with the regulations set by the local health authorities. Stay safe and take care,” he added.
Meanwhile, Ferrari confirmed that Leclerc was self-isolating and said he notified the team straight away.
“Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow driver Charles Leclerc has tested positive for COVID-19,” Ferrari said in a statement.
“In accordance with the team’s protocols, Charles is tested regularly and yesterday, the result from his latest test came back positive.
“Charles notified us immediately and has informed everyone he has been in close contact with in the last few days. He is currently feeling ok with mild symptoms and is now self-isolating at home in Monaco,” the Scuderia added.
Charles Leclerc is now the fifth F1 driver to test positive for coronavirus, with Sergio Perez, Lance Stroll and Lewis Hamilton testing positive for the virus during the 2020 season, while Lando Norris reported a positive result earlier this month while on holiday in Dubai.