Red Bull driver Alex Albon has insisted that he isn’t feeling any extra pressure following Pierre Gasly’s shock victory at Monza just a few days ago.
Speaking ahead of the Tuscan Grand Prix at Mugello, Albon said he is focusing on improving his own performances at Red Bull and added that he is happy with the progress he had made so far.
“The process remains the same, as has always been the case in Formula 1. When I look at my own recent races and everything that has happened, I am happy with how things are going.
“I think Monza does not reflect well how I am doing within the team. When I get the chance, I will show what I can do.”
When asked if the Italian Grand Prix is a weekend to forget for him, Albon replied, “I think Monza was a very positive weekend if you don’t count Sunday. It is getting better and better as far as pace is concerned.”
Continuing, he said he felt more comfortable in his RB16 at Monza than at the previous race at Spa-Francorchamps.
“I try to focus on what is positive and I try to take my concentration with me to the weekend ahead,” he concluded.
Pierre Gasly, who was demoted from Red Bull to Scuderia AlphaTauri last season, took his first Formula One victory at the 2020 Italian Grand Prix.
Earlier, Red Bull said they have “no intention” of switching Gasly and Albon around during the 2020 F1 season.
There has been no indication that the Milton Keynes-based racing team have changed their stance on the matter following Gasly’s brilliant performance at Monza.
Enjoyed reading this article? Consider sharing it: